Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2004 AWD heater/AC problems



Several months ago I noticed my A/C is blowing uncooled (warm) air when the engine is idleing. When driving at highway speeds it throws out cold air like it should. I checked the freon level and it's OK.



Now that winter is on us, I notice a simular problem with my heater, i.e. it blows unheated (cool) air at idle and nice warm air at highway speeds. The antifreeze level is normal.



Anyone know what is happening?

Reply 1 : 2004 AWD heater/AC problems



I have a 2004 XLE and it does the same thing....lately the fan has been coming on (the radiator fan) for no reason and I've never even heard it before. It seems to be a logic thing. Maybe some type of sensor? I did add a little bit of antifreeze but not more than about 12 or 15 oz io would imagine.



The AC thing started over Labor Day weekend and the heat sometime this fall.



Today it didnt do anything weird. yet.

Reply 2 : 2004 AWD heater/AC problems



I added antifreeze to the full line a week ago and the heater is working OK so far. I can't test the A/C as the outside temperature has been too cold for the A/C to work. I did have it checked and my freon level is correct and no leaks were found.



I guess I'll have to wait for warm weather to see if the A/C is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment