Friday, March 25, 2011

Back pain



Hi Everyone,



I do know that there are multiple posts about back pain on the forums; however, I have read them all, and am still at a loss as to what to do, so I thought I would ask you about my specific situation.



I recently bought a 2006 Corolla CE; it is my first car. Before this, I drove 1999/2000 Corollas and a 1998 Camry (my parents' cars). I commute an hour to work, and have never had any problems in these other cars. I am healthy, quite young, and have never had any issues with back pain. However, the first day I drove my new Corolla to work, I got quite severe back pain (mid-upper), and it hasn't let up since. (I am almost positive it is the car that is causing the pain, based on my previous health, the rapid onset of the pain, and the fact that nothing has changed except for the car.)



I have read articles on seat positioning to relieve back pain, and read all the suggestions on the forum, and have tried most of these things. I have tried almost every combination of seat positions/angles/steering wheel angles. I feel that I'm sitting in a good position - upright, most of my back supported, not hunched forward. Nothing seems to relieve this pain.



I am really frustrated/sad, because buying your first car is supposed to be a really exciting time, and instead it has caused me this painful problem. The reason I went with a Corolla was specifically because I have found them so comfortable in the past. I also don't have a lot of extra money right now, so I'm not sure what my options are. I'm at the point where I almost want to try to sell the Corolla and try a different brand of car, but I can't be sure that any other car would be better, plus I'm not sure that I could afford to do this.



Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can try? Do you think I should give up the Corolla, or do you think I should stick with it and try to work through the pain? I'd really appreciate any advice.



Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment