Friday, March 25, 2011

Stripped nuts on fan clutch pulley



just recently started working on my 93 toyota sr5 pickup and having great time, im currently doing my timing belt. when i went to remove fan clutch and pulley i noticed that the nuts attaching them were slightly stripped. so when i tried to crank them off one of them rounded off. theres not enough room inbetween the fan clutch and pulley to get a socket on. im wondering how to deal with this to get em outta there. am i able to take apart fan clutch as to gain easier access to nuts? or is that not a smart idea? Help im stuck and have to get past this, its driving me crazy.

hopefully someone will be able to give me some insite on my problem

thanks ryan

Reply 1 : Stripped nuts on fan clutch pulley



Hello Ryan, can you get a pair of needle nose vise grips to loosen nut? Hammer and a chisel to break loose? Only options i can think of. Hope this helps, Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment