Friday, March 18, 2011

How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



I am considering buying a 2004 Toyota Sienna, and Vehicle Stability Control is important to me. I know it was an option on them



If the VSC indicator lights up for a few seconds on engine start, does that tell me that the vehicle certainly has VSC?



Was VSC an option or standard on Sienna CE? LE? XLE?

Reply 1 : How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



I'm new here but recently wanted to know how to determine the same thing and here's what I found while researching the 2005's and I'm sure it holds true for the 2004 too. The only model then with VSC standard was the XLE Limited. It was an option on the LE and regular XLE. I'm talking about FWD, don't know about the AWD. If it has VSC it will also have rear disc brakes and DRL as that was also in the package. Last place to look is on lower dash to the right of steering wheel. Thats where the switch is to disable the VSC.

Reply 2 : How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



Thanks, FLBuckeye. So are you saying that, even though VSC indicator lights up on start, the vehicle may not have VSC?



>"Last place to look is on lower dash to the right of steering wheel. Thats where the switch is to disable the VSC."



So no switch means no VSC, always?



Is that the TRAC OFF switch? I thought one could have traction control but not VSC, and therefore one would have this switch regardless?

Reply 3 : How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



No, I'm not saying anything about the VSC light, as I don't know. You would assume that if the light is there then you have it, but you know what they say about "assume".



From what I found in the sales lit for 2004-05 both VSC and TRAC come together with the package, you don't get one without the other.





You may be thinking of ABS which comes separately. I don't have my service manual close by so can't confirm if the switch may turn both VSC & TRAC off together but I think it is called VSC switch in the owners manual. I can check tomorrow if you want. I would say that if the switch isn't there then you don't have VSC. Also, just look through the rear wheels at the brakes....if drums it doesn't have VSC. Just my $.02

Reply 4 : How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



Thanks, that is very helpful. The owner's manual I see has the switch labeled "TRAC OFF", so if you could check, I would appreciate it. If the label is different on VSC models, then that would help explain things.

Reply 5 : How do I know if a Sienna has VSC?



OK, the minivan in question does not have a "TRAC OFF" switch (or any switch) below-right of the steering wheel.



The owner says it has VSC, and the VSC indicator comes on at start. Anyone know how I can confirm this?



It looks like there the FJ Cruiser in this thread has VSC but no switch. Is that the case for the Sienna?

No comments:

Post a Comment