Saturday, March 19, 2011

Muffler Recommendations



I am planning on installing a new muffler, and maybe new exhaust all together, on my 88. I have been doing some looking around and trying to find what best works for my truck. I know that a straighter pipe will increase flow but a glasspack can be kind of annoying, though on a 4 cylinder, not sure. And with most of my miles being on the freeway at 65, I am willing to accept a little more noise for better performance.



I have looked at Flowmaster and Cherry Bomb but if anyone has recommendations on what worked for them it would be great to hear.

Reply 1 : Muffler Recommendations



u know i have a glass pack on my 81, stock exhaust manifold no cat and glass pack, and wind and tires are louder at 65 than the exhaust.u have to roll down the window and be next a wall to even hear it at those speeds.

Reply 2 : Muffler Recommendations



I got the stock one from the Toyota Dealer with a lifetime warranty.

They have replaced it SEVERAL times free. Theslowone is right. While I was waiting for my last exhaust to come in, I drove the truck without anything, just the down pipe. In town, it was a little loud, but on the highway it was hardly noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment