Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting repair on truck & want to avoid insurance fraud . . .



I'll try to make this short:



My neighbor backed into my front passenger side door and caused damage one morning. It has been two weeks and I'm still waiting on his insurance company to make arrangements to have the repair made. Once the insurance approval is made, I have a auto body shop in mind to make the repairs.



Here's the problem. I have been told that the outer skin of the door can be replaced without replacing the door. An order would be made to purchase a new cover and I plan on telling the auto body that I want to see the damaged outer door after the repair is made. I have also heard of a few repair shops (including the one I'm going with) using used parts to save on money (from a junkyard, etc).



My question is, has anyone here on the forums had repair work done and asked for documentation or proof that they are getting a new part and SEEN the new part? I've pretty much been told that it is a lost cause and to just accept the used part on my new truck anyway since it WILL happen and I won't be able to tell the difference.



I know I'm sounding paranoid about this, but I just want a new cover on it and everything to be perfect. If the dealership had an auto body shop I would take it there. This truck is only 4 months old (2011 Tacoma) and I want to keep it looking good.

Any advice you can give would greatly be appreciated.



Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment