Friday, March 18, 2011

How to get control of mileage steering wheel controls back



I have a 2004 Solara and I have installed an aftermarket stereo. Obviously I lost the steering wheel controls which isn't a big deal but I would like to get back the controls for the mileage indicator in the dash. I've searched and searched using various phrases but I think it's a case of not being able to ask the question in a way that the search engine can help. My guess is that I just need to jumper some of the connections between the portion of the harness that is connected to the new stereo and some of the connections in the portion of the original stereo harness that is unused.



Has anyone addressed this? I've seen the aftermarket steering wheel adapters for aftermarket stereos and I'm not confident that this will solve my problem and it's an expensive gamble.



Any help would be great.

Reply 1 : How to get control of mileage steering wheel controls back



No one has any ideas or opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment