Friday, March 25, 2011

Fuse 8 in 1986 22R 4x2 Manual



Hi All -- was driving to work yesterday and my alternator light came on, gauges stopped working, and turn signals stopped working. I went and had the alternator tested at the shop and they said I need a new one. Put it in, but the problem didn't go away. So, I started checking fuses -- fuse 8 (15A, driver kick panel) was blown. So, drove back to the store, bought some fuses, and the problem went away. Driving to work this morning, same thing happens -- alternator light, no gauges, no turn signals. Any advice on troubleshooting this electrical problem? Why would I keep blowing this fuse?



Thanks in advance.



Matt

Reply 1 : Fuse 8 in 1986 22R 4x2 Manual



The fuse keeps blowing because something is drawing too much current.

Some of the things on that fuse include the inst panel, power windows, ECT ECM, b/u loghts, PS ECM, light reminder ckt.

Reply 2 : Fuse 8 in 1986 22R 4x2 Manual




Quote:








Originally Posted by fourwd1
View Post

The fuse keeps blowing because something is drawing too much current.



Indeed.



My truck is stripped pretty bare -- no power anything. As best I can tell, the only things I have on that fuse are gauges, turn signals, reverse lights, and discharge indicator. I have not been able to identify which of these is causing it -- e.g., the fuse doesn't consistently blow very time I use the turn signal. Imsuspect a short, but don't have a good idea about how to track it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment