Tuesday, March 22, 2011

need help with A/C



I had to put a new A/C compressor on my 93 because the previous owner said the compressor had locked up and broke the belt. I put on a new compressor and belt and I decided to try it to see if it will turn on before I go and get it charged but when I hit the A/C switch it doesnt make that "click" sound, nor is there any difference in the engine idle so I take it that its not working.



What steps can I take to (HOW TO):

1. make sure the compressor is working

2. test the switch

3. anything else that I need to check

Reply 1 : need help with A/C



The system needs to be charged with refrigerant before the compressor will turn on. Compressor oil circulates with the refrigerant so if there is no refrigerant, the compressor will be starved of oil and will wear very fast and seize. So to prevent ruined compressors, Toyota designed the system so that compressor won't run unless the system is charged with refrigerant.

Reply 2 : need help with A/C



The system won't run without being charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment