Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



I purchased my first Toyota, a 2004 Camry LE. Got it from a dealer last week and I feel I got a great deal at $7,500(they wanted $8,995). The miles are pretty high at 166k, but considering that I hear Toyota's can least up in the high 250's, I think I am okay. This car was kept in amazing condition. The glove box has receipts for almost every service done to the car. The most expensive one being a radiator change in '07/08 for around $394.



The Carfax doesn't show any major repairs or show a timing belt changed. I think timing belt is good for 100,000 miles. Should I take this now to a mechanic to give me a rough estimate when should it be changed? Take it directly to Toyota and ask them?

































Also, I would like to change the radio on this car.











I was thinking about getting this:



Amazon.com: Scosche Ta1467B Iso Din With Pocket/Double Iso Din Installation Kit For 2002 and Up Toyota Camry: Electronics Amazon.com: Scosche Ta1467B Iso Din With Pocket/Double Iso Din Installation Kit For 2002 and Up Toyota Camry: Electronics






I want to get a decent stereo that looks almost like the OEM version(no gaps), just updated (usb, HD radio, Satellite radio)



Any ideas?

Reply 1 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



Clean Camry you got there. It has the 2AZ-FE engine, which means NO timing belt One less thing to worry about.



We have a 2002 Camry and after 156K miles, it still running strong. There's not much faults in this generation of Camrys.

Reply 2 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



Thanks! Yes, this car is super clean. I am very amazed on how well kept it is. Puts a lot of pressure on me to keep it this way, lol.

Anything else I should be concerned about?



Also on the audio:

At first I was thinking about getting something like this:



But that wouldn't look right.



If I want a replacement head unit that would fit OEM stereo slot, it would have to be double din right?




Reply 3 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



Clean Camry, especially with that mileage.

Reply 4 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



Thanks 11LE, you guys are making me feel very good about my purchase. My wife was super mad when I told her on the phone it had 166k miles. She's was like, "it better not become a money pitt".

Reply 5 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.



wow that looks to be in pretty good condition and extremely clean...... cleaner than my 06 with 66k.... but of course mine was roughed up a bit be4 i got it



i have that radio adapter.... it works but the fitment isnt perfect around the edges

Reply 6 : Just got my first Toyota: 2004 Camry LE. Tips and suggestions.




Quote:








Originally Posted by fatngs
View Post

wow that looks to be in pretty good condition and extremely clean...... cleaner than my 06 with 66k.... but of course mine was roughed up a bit be4 i got it



i have that radio adapter.... it works but the fitment isnt perfect around the edges



Yes, thats what I don't want, if its not going to look perfect, I rather just leave the stereo as is. Hey, fatngs, I see you are from NJ, I just moved from there. Lived in Jersey City since '88.





I'll take more pics tomorrow, its in immaculate condition!!! The previous owner left ALL of his receipts in his glove box (has his name and address mind you). Very organized, has to be an older gentlemen without young kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment