Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Front Lugs Shorter?



I took my tires off this weekend and noticed that the lugs on the front are shorter than the lugs on the rear. When I put the lugnuts on the rear wheels things seemed normal, but when I went to put the lugnuts back on the front, I noticed that they're shorter and was wondering if there was even enough space to tighten them up safetly..?? I guess it's safe, been like that forever. I doubt that they were changed at any point.



Did different models that came with different wheels come with different sized lugs??



2004 2.7L 4x4

Reply 1 : Front Lugs Shorter?



That shouldn't be the case, should be all the same length. Are you the original owner of the truck? Maybe the previous owner changed them out for some reason?

Reply 2 : Front Lugs Shorter?



The front studs are shorter. Not an issue with stock wheels, becomes one with aftermarket wheels and/or spacers. Check my old post: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=372138 It has all you need to know, and some. I've got some ordered and will update when they get installed.

Reply 3 : Front Lugs Shorter?



Strange, don't recall that when I had my '99 PreRunner. But then again, it's been years since I've sold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment